This week, the Southeast, MidAtlantic and Northeast were slammed with wintry weather. Putting safety first means that many state’s have postponed planned championships for this weekend in order to give their student athletes safe roads to travel and ample time to prepare.
Below is a quick recap of all the scheduling changes we are currently aware of. Please check in with your local association for further details and check the schedule at the NFHS Network for updates.
Wrestling: The AHSAA has moved some of its preliminary matches from Friday to Saturday. The NFHS Network was originally only going to be covering the finals on Saturday, however, we will now stream a switched production of the whole day’s events on Saturday starting at 10am leading up to the finals coverage on Saturday at 2pm ET.
Indoor Track: Connecticut is delaying their Indoor Track Championships originally scheduled for this Saturday to Monday, February 17 at 3:00 pm ET.
Wrestling: Originally scheduled for this weekend, the wrestling championships have been rescheduled for next Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22. New times and schedule of events to be announced.
- Class A: Saturday, February 22 at Commerce High School, Schedule TBA
- Class AA: Saturday, February 22 at Toombs County High School, Schedule TBA
- Class AAA: Saturday, February 22a t Buford High School, Schedule TBA
- Class AAAA: Friday & Saturday, February 21 – 22 at West Laurens High School, Schedule TBA
- Class AAAAA: Friday & Saturday, February 21 – 22 at Loganville High School, Schedule TBA
- Class AAAAAA: Friday & Saturday, February 21 – 22 at Chattahoochee High School, Schedule TBA
Basketball: Semifinal rounds will remain on Saturday, March 1st, however, some earlier rounds have been affected:
- 1st Round (AA – AAAAAA): Girls on Friday, February 21; Boys on Saturday, February 22
- 1st Round (Class A) and 2nd Round (AA – AAAAAA): Girls on Monday, February 24; Boys on Tuesday, February 25
- Quarterfinal Round (All Classes): Girls on Wednesday, February 26 an dBOys on Thursday, February 27
- Semifinals (AA – AAAAAA & Class A Public): Saturday, March 1
- Semifinals (Class A Private only): Monday, March 3
Check back here for updated wrestling and basketball broadcasting schedules – we will schedule them as soon as possible.
Wrestling: Maryland’s Wrestling Championships-Duals have been moved from this Saturday, February 15 to Tuesday, February 18.
Gymnastics: RIIL Gymnastics will now take place at 10:00 am ET instead of the planned 1:00 pm ET start time this Saturday, February 15.
Wrestling: SCHSL has postponed the AA, AAA and AAAA Dual Wrestling Championships originally scheduled for tomorrow, February 15 to several dates next week.
- AA will be Tuesday, February 18 at 6:30 pm ET at Airport High School
- AAA will be Wednesday, February 19 at 7:30 pm ET at River Bluff HIgh School.
- AAAA is yet to be determined.